Benefits of Joining
The Volunteer Portal allows individuals interested in volunteering with the Institute for Diversity and Inclusion in Emergency Management to partner with the organization on research, practice, policy, and program-focused initiatives. As a nonprofit organization, our volunteers are essential to creating equitable outcomes among vulnerable, underserved, and/or marginalized communities that we serve. Our volunteers are students, researchers, practitioners, and advocates for equity and resilience through diversity and inclusion. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Program support for I-DIEM-based programs
- Research opportunities to support policy analysis, review, and advocacy
- “On-the-ground” deployment opportunities with I-DIEM’s Equity Response Team
- Communication and media-related opportunities
- Institutional administrative support
Apply to Join!