Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug-Free Workplace
INSTITUTE FOR DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION IN EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT
JOB TITLE: Social Media & Marketing Intern
JOB CODE: Internship (Paid)
SUPERVISOR: Director of Marketing and Community Engagement
SALARY: $3,000 – $6,000 (10-20 hours weekly)
The Institute for Diversity and Inclusion in Emergency Management’s (I-DIEM) is a global, nonprofit established to facilitate change by integrating equity into all aspects of emergency management. Our mission is to support the development and implementation of innovative community-based, mitigation and adaptation projects to enhance resilience in diverse, vulnerable, and underserved communities. Essential to impactful change is the stellar abilities of our marketing and public relations team to highlight social impact of our programs, services, and policy initiatives. We are currently seeking a Marketing and Public Relations Intern interested in national marketing and media campaigns for a growing nonprofit. The ideal candidate will have strong skills in marketing, social and digital media, and public relations. The incumbent(s) will be responsible for the effective planning and implementation our organization marketing strategy with direction from our Director of Marketing and Community Engagement. This includes daily coordination and implementation of our organizational marketing strategy and media campaigns, external stakeholder engagement, and social / digital media contention creation and dissemination. Ideal candidates should expect to work 10–20 hours per week with onsite and hybrid options available.
• This position is responsible for the development and implementation of our overall communications strategy
• Develop and implement a comprehensive marketing and public relations strategy
• Utilize strong social media skills to help establish social media strategies. Collaborate on initiatives including outreach and brand partnerships to substantially grow social media audience
• Publicizes special events, relevant news or activities and recognizes and promotes key donors in the community, social media, and other digital outlets
• Assist with the design and execution of social media campaigns
• Create weekly and monthly editorial calendars to promote company brands on various social media websites
• Create and distribute content such as blogs, infographics, videos and press releases on social media and traditional news outlets
• Track social media engagement to identify high-performing ideas and campaigns for scalability
• Support marketing team at live and online event
• Perform social media marketing research
• Assist on influencer campaign strategy
• Respond to comments and DMs on social media platforms
• Brainstorm and research ideas for original content
• Create compelling graphics to share across social channels
• Write social media captions that speak to the company’s target audience
• Help create and edit short-form videos
• Develop new strategies for increasing engagement
• Assist with photo/video content shoots
• Ensure brand message is consistent
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION:
1 Exceptional working knowledge of social media and marketing strategies.
2 Thorough knowledge of principles of effective communications and mass media, publicity, advertising, policies, education, community relations, organization structure and government relations, as they relate to the company.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
Valid Driver’s License
The work is mostly sedentary with periods of light physical activity and is performed in office surroundings. Typical positions require workers to sit for long periods and use fingers to operate computer or typewriter keyboards.
Work is subject to frequent interruptions and inflexible deadlines. Employee may be required to attend evening and weekend meetings. Work requires the ability to work well in team environments and requires ability to exercise quick judgment and decision-making. Work will require travel (25%) and combination of in-office/remote work.
Director of Marketing and Community Engagement
Please contact Antoine Richards – firstname.lastname@example.org