The U.S. Fire Administration estimates that older adults are more than twice as likely than the general population to die in fires. And a quarter of Paradise residents had a disability, which is more than double the statewide rate.
Diversity + Inclusion
- I-DIEM Africa is Now Open
- I-DIEM Establishes Global Outreach Center in Ghana
- SCHATZ, CASSIDY REINTRODUCE BIPARTISAN BILL TO CREATE NEW NATIONAL BOARD TO INVESTIGATE NATURAL DISASTERS, PROVIDE RECOMMENDATIONS TO MITIGATE FUTURE IMPACT
- I-DIEM Stands With the People of Maui, Hawaii
- Institute for Diversity & Inclusion in Emergency Management Announces 2023 Lt. General Julius Becton Jr. Scholarship Recipients