On Friday, May 28, 2022, Senators Schatz and Cassidy reintroduced the Disaster Learning and Lifesaving Act which would create the National Disaster Safety Board. I-DIEM provided policy review and recommendations on the legislation which was first introduced in October 2020.IDIEM provided additional Disaster Expert, Scholar and Academic Institution support along with Former FEMA Administrators, Craig Fugate and Brock Long, and a collaborative of over 40 local, state, and national organizations and coalitions.
Diversity + Inclusion
- I-DIEM Highlights Impacts of Hurricane Ian Among Underserved Communities
- I-DIEM Participates in the Native American Commission Meeting
- ICYMI: FEMA Administrator Speaks at HERricane Conference and Women in Homeland Security SoCal Annual Awards Ceremony
- I-DIEM Announces 2022 Lt. General Julius Becton Jr. Scholarship Recipients
- I-DIEM Featured in the Greenwood Commonwealth Newspaper