Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) in the United States are disproportionately affected by disasters. This disparity stems from decades of historical and systemic disinvestment and discrimination in communities of color, resulting in socio-economic inequities, poor health outcomes, high incarceration rates and environmental justice issues.
Diversity + Inclusion
- I-DIEM Africa is Now Open
- I-DIEM Establishes Global Outreach Center in Ghana
- SCHATZ, CASSIDY REINTRODUCE BIPARTISAN BILL TO CREATE NEW NATIONAL BOARD TO INVESTIGATE NATURAL DISASTERS, PROVIDE RECOMMENDATIONS TO MITIGATE FUTURE IMPACT
- I-DIEM Stands With the People of Maui, Hawaii
- Institute for Diversity & Inclusion in Emergency Management Announces 2023 Lt. General Julius Becton Jr. Scholarship Recipients