Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) in the United States are disproportionately affected by disasters. This disparity stems from decades of historical and systemic disinvestment and discrimination in communities of color, resulting in socio-economic inequities, poor health outcomes, high incarceration rates and environmental justice issues.
Diversity + Inclusion
- I-DIEM Highlights Impacts of Hurricane Ian Among Underserved Communities
- I-DIEM Participates in the Native American Commission Meeting
- ICYMI: FEMA Administrator Speaks at HERricane Conference and Women in Homeland Security SoCal Annual Awards Ceremony
- I-DIEM Announces 2022 Lt. General Julius Becton Jr. Scholarship Recipients
- I-DIEM Featured in the Greenwood Commonwealth Newspaper