A House Homeland Security subcommittee examined the coronavirus response and the impact of the virus on minority communities. The hearing focused on the health and equity disparities in minority communities that have contributed to high COVID-19 infection and mortality rates. Witnesses highlighted lack of testing, high amounts of the essential workforce population in these area,s and misinformation as some of the explanations for the high coronavirus numbers. They also gave recommendations on how to address these issues. Due to technical difficulties this hearing ends before its conclusion.
Diversity + Inclusion
- I-DIEM Highlights Impacts of Hurricane Ian Among Underserved Communities
- I-DIEM Participates in the Native American Commission Meeting
- ICYMI: FEMA Administrator Speaks at HERricane Conference and Women in Homeland Security SoCal Annual Awards Ceremony
- I-DIEM Announces 2022 Lt. General Julius Becton Jr. Scholarship Recipients
- I-DIEM Featured in the Greenwood Commonwealth Newspaper