A House Homeland Security subcommittee examined the coronavirus response and the impact of the virus on minority communities. The hearing focused on the health and equity disparities in minority communities that have contributed to high COVID-19 infection and mortality rates. Witnesses highlighted lack of testing, high amounts of the essential workforce population in these area,s and misinformation as some of the explanations for the high coronavirus numbers. They also gave recommendations on how to address these issues. Due to technical difficulties this hearing ends before its conclusion.
Diversity + Inclusion
- Climate Lawmaker Takes Center Stage in Jan. 6 Hearing
- COVID-19 Equity Problem is Easier to Identify Than Solve
- NPR: Disaster Preparedness for Vulnerable Populations
- I-DIEM Serves on Panel Advocating for Increased Use of Data to improve Disaster and Racial Disparities
- I-DIEM Featured in Forbes Magazine on “How Scientific Research Can Help Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives