The enemy of equity is the failure to acknowledge existing inequities. Now more than ever, it is critical that we—as a society—acknowledge the embedded bias that exists within all systems and structures, including emergency management and hazards mitigation.
Diversity + Inclusion
- Climate Lawmaker Takes Center Stage in Jan. 6 Hearing
- COVID-19 Equity Problem is Easier to Identify Than Solve
- NPR: Disaster Preparedness for Vulnerable Populations
- I-DIEM Serves on Panel Advocating for Increased Use of Data to improve Disaster and Racial Disparities
- I-DIEM Featured in Forbes Magazine on “How Scientific Research Can Help Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives